Re: [OM] iPhone remote - tethering

Subject: Re: [OM] iPhone remote - tethering
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 08:22:27 -0600
On 2/4/12 00:08 : , Wayne Harridge wrote:
> Anyhow this info from Information Week is redundant if you have an iPhone 4S
> (dunno about other devices), the functionality is provided as standard under
> "Settings" -->  "Personal Hotspot".  I've tried it and it works.  I'd be wary
> of enabling this feature except for emergency use as WiFi connections piggy
> backing on your iPhone are likely to soak up a lot of your data allowance.

The other caveat is that your carrier sells a separate data plan for
tethering.  It uses the same bucket of bits, but there's an extra
monthly fee for the access.  If they notice that you've been using
tethering without paying them the extra fee, they will give you one
notice, and if you do it again, they will shut your service off.

They're all pretty greedy.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard