[OM] trouble with my 50-200

Subject: [OM] trouble with my 50-200
From: marc simon <marc.simon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 16:06:52 +0100
Hi, all,
bad luck this morning at one moment my Zuiko ED 50-200 doesn't want to
zoom anymore:it looks like there is something "non-functioning" in the
linkage between the zoom ring and the optic. With some tweaking I could
manually extend the lens, like a one-ring zoom, and when I look at the
data the focal lens looks correct, and the autofocus still works...
So it looks like some mechanical linkage is not functioning anymore. I
made some pictures, using a "push-pull method"...but it's not a solution
as I feel some resistance at some moment and I don't want to break
something as it's really one of my favorite lens. As anybody encounter
some trouble like that ? And, this question is more specifically for
John Hermanson, do you have some idea of the origin of this trouble. It
was cold this morning, but the lens doesn't suffer any shock...I suppose
I cannot fix it myself and  the lens need to be serviced...unfortunately
I'm too far to have the lens serviced by John, so I'll probably need to
have it serviced here in Belgium.
Thanks in advance
regards
marc