Re: [OM] OM-5D macro comparisons

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-5D macro comparisons
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 18:07:18 -0800
On 1/31/2012 12:39 AM, Dawid Loubser wrote:

> My 1:1 *macro* shots on large format, with my throwaway (wort probably
> $50, scratched etc) 1950 Schneider-Kreuznach Convertible Symmar 150mm
> standard lens, are of superiour technical quality to anything I can
> achieve with the OM system. This is an example which i could never
> achieve with the OM system, never mind with film pushed to ISO1600.
>
> http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/150/a/e/twice_bitten__not_shy_by_philosomatographer-d3hky2o.jpg

OK, you are driving me crazy. :-)

I love the composition, the tonalities, the in and out of focus happening with
the leaves, etc. You nailed the focus
with your wait for the wind to wave it into the right place for wonderfully
clear antennae and body detail on the front
of the body/wings.

But the OOF back left part of the wings bugs me. I know I should be a more
perfect viewer, see all the good stuff and
let the other go.

I'm leaving it up in my browser to see if I can manage some self improvement.
:-)

Moose