Re: [OM] Sagelight

Subject: Re: [OM] Sagelight
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 16:33:40 -0800
On 1/23/2012 3:44 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I just re-read your description which doesn't coincide with what I read
> in the help file about how to do it.

C'mon! You know from experience that the folks who write the Help instructions
are usually neither coders nor users. And
the people who should really know, but will never write instructions, aren't
users and don't always actually know all
the ways to do something that they have created.

I was at one time all three functions, plus phone support, for a fairly complex
app I wrote. I learned from that. The
next app I wrote, still humming along 12 years after I retired, is carefully so
simple and transparent that it actually
didn't need a Help function. (Well, OK, the nature of its functions lent
themselves to that model.)

> I tried your method and this is certainly simpler but far from complete.

I can't see how it is less complete. it completely overlays the top menu bars,
giving larger images. What does the view
arrived at the 'official' way add in functionality?

The way I found is certainly easier to 'recover' from, 'ESC' vs. two double
clicks and a drag and drop.

They should adopt the LR comparison model, though.

Better Way Moose