Re: [OM] Olympus OM-D and Historical Context

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus OM-D and Historical Context
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 15:40:30 -0800
On 1/21/2012 11:41 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> I just scanned a shot I took in Italy a few years ago.

Post?

> Latest version of Vuescan (Jan 19, 2012)

I haven't scanned anything for a while. Any improvements I should know about?

> and the Nikon V-ED as well as editing it in the latest/greatest version of
> Picture Window Pro.

I haven't tried PWP for a long time, so I downloaded 6. Haven't tried much yet.
Did it used to make endless individual
versions of the image with each edit? I have to say I still much prefer turning
a layer on and off to see the
difference, without whipping the old eyeballs back and forth. Keeps the eye
direction muscles toned, I guess.

To only get part of the effect, do I have to remember what settings I used,
then go back and do it over with different
settings, and over again if I still didn't get it quite right? The layer
opacity slider is my very good friend, although
I quite often input numbers, too.

The preview function is kinda dopey, where I have to click on Preview after
each parameter change.

On to seeing how it does editing to limited areas, as I would do with layer
masks.

Highlight/shadow/contrast adjustment is very nice. At first glance, color
adjustment looks nice, too.

Does it do macros, plug-ins? Yeah, I know I can look it up, but you know - and
you are the tout. :-)

> Digital is better

HUH? ;-)

Moose