Re: [OM] IMG: Last Film Images of 2011

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Last Film Images of 2011
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 11:00:37 -0600
Thanks, Brian.  I was somewhat surprised as I saw the building take shape,
but their competition is in the form of banks that have also put up fancy
buildings.  The CU definitely needed the space, and their old building was
in demand at the time.  And I'm sure they got the property as a bargain,
because of the drainage ditch.  The only ones who can really complain are
the deer that formerly roamed the area.

The fountain in the side pond was probably installed to discourage Canada
geese, because the airport authority has been trying to get rid of them in
the areas near the airport.  They also placed two large white artificial
swans on the shore of the pond, for the same purpose.

The lens seemed the best compromise for use on the Leica rangefinder.  Most
Leica or Nikon lenses that I found available had problems due to age.  This
Canon lens has perfect glass and functions nicely.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA