Re: [OM] Flower study

Subject: Re: [OM] Flower study
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 22:10:30 -0800
On 12/14/2011 7:32 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> With Focus Magic?

Yes.

On 12/14/2011 1:24 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> ... Trying to deconvolute, deconvolution, Mike
>
> PS Yes, wish maestro Moose would elaborate on exact technique.  Looks
> like a PP focus stack equivalent.

The three forward stems are treated with FM Out Of Focus, radius 1. The mask of
this layer is brushed to retain some
sharpness of the forward parts of the rest for the blurred back area version.

The rear three stems and connecting stems, forward most of the blooms in the
rear, etc.  are treated with FM Out Of
Focus, radius 2.

The deepest parts of the rear three stems are treated with FM Out Of Focus,
radius 3.

Transitions between layers are made gradual by brushing the masks with a
partial flow brush to create varying degrees of
opacity.

The whole thing is less subtle than I might wish because of the pixel size.
Using radii greater than 1 on a web size
image tends to look harsh. With an original size image, more subtle effects
would be possible.

Masked Moose