Re: [OM] On the subject of Photoshop Police

Subject: Re: [OM] On the subject of Photoshop Police
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 01:14:14 -0800
On 12/8/2011 11:11 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I started with CP/M on a Xerox machine using two 8-inch floppy disks, then
> moved on to DOS, and reluctantly changed to Winders.  XP has been the best
> of the versions that I have used.

So, you have been using a product through many versions, each better than the
last. Why assume the next won't also be
better?

We are running three machines here, XP, Vista and W7. They are the OSs that
came with the machines, and I've seen no
reason to go through any changes. There's nothing really "wrong" with XP, but
there are lots of limitations in usability
and function compared to the later versions.

The Vista box succeeded one running XP Pro, and I have preferred Vista right
from the start. It's much smarter about
networking, drivers and such and has been more stable. W7 is even more
transparent about networking, especially
wireless, and I think it starts up faster. There are a couple of changes in
details, like keystroke shortcuts that my
fingers do without thinking, that are a little annoying. But it just works.

I would certainly not upgrade an existing box that you are happy with, but you
shouldn't worry when you do get a new box.

OS Moose