Re: [OM] IMG: Six film pics from Copenhagen

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Six film pics from Copenhagen
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 15:36:43 -0500
Nope, I didn't expect otherwise.  I've drunk Shinerbock many times
before since I've been in Texas on business and family visits many times
before and even lived there for about a year.  I well knew it was
German.  I see that the brewery dates to about 1909 or some such.  I
thought it might be even earlier than that since Texas received a large
number of German immigrants in that general area in the 1840s.

There's a large cemetery in Castroville, Texas just outside San Antonio
full of German graves with dates from the 1840s on.  I haven't been
there in over 40 years so I just looked it up on Google maps.  I think
it must be the St. Louis cemetery because the main street outside the
cemetery is called Alsace St.  Somewhere I have some K64 slides taken
there including the the grave of a 2 year old child from that time whose
head stone has a skull and crossbones on it.  My wife and I remember it
well.

Chuck Norcutt