[OM] IMG: Six film pics from Copenhagen

Subject: [OM] IMG: Six film pics from Copenhagen
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 17:24:31 -0500 (EST)
CN writes:
>I do hope and trust that Oz has some better beers than what is
commonly
>available in the US. But Texas has at least one good beer, Shinerbock.
> I had some recently on my pass through Texas. First one in many
>years. <http://www.shiner.com/main.php?page=history>
>It's supposedly available in 40+ states. Although I've never seen it
in
>New York maybe it's available in the state of enlightenment
(apparently
>a non-physical place) :-)

I did try to buy you some and ship it ,but it can not be shipped to MA
per a buyer I checked with at a store
in Newburyport that has a large beer selection. I see that is confirmed
on their web site.

I have read that the origins of bocks are mysterious. Some think it is
of pagan origin only to be brewed during Capricorn , the goat.
Thus the association with goats.

You have left the state of MA where there are numerous superb
microbreweries within a modest radius.
Many stores now stock a quite large selection of beers and I haven't
had much trouble of late. There still
are some puritanical laws about shipping and I could not get a quite
nice brown ale, "Moose Drool" shipped here despite an
in depth investigation

I did find some Sam Smith's Nut Brown ale to compare to OBD (Olde Brown
dog) as it is often thought of as the epitome
of english brown ales. I t is nicely balanced with toasted malt but
restrained brisk bitterness. I think Moose thought OBD
held up well against it and I actually prefer OBD as I don't
particularly like the strong buttery diacetyl notes, but it always
reviews as top notch.
Moose also seemed to prefer the Blue Cap (Chimay Grande Réserve) over
the Delerium Noturnam.

Mike