Re: [OM] {OM} BLM1 Battery Caution

Subject: Re: [OM] {OM} BLM1 Battery Caution
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:38:20 -0500
I think we need Tim's advice but I would bet that the old charger would
charge the BLM-5 (the contacts and voltage are the same) but it might
not get the BLM-5 to full capacity.  The BLM-1 is 1500 mAh, the BLM-5 is
1620 mAh.  The charger has to have intelligence to shut itself off when
charging is complete.  Failure to do so is a potential hazard for the
battery, possible fire or explosion due to overheating I think.  I don't
know how the shut-off mechanism works, whether voltage or ???

Chuck Norcutt