Re: [OM] ETTR with the Sekonic L-508

Subject: Re: [OM] ETTR with the Sekonic L-508
From: "wayne.harridge" <wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 04:42:26 +0000
I think Carlos' approach using an 80A filter has some vaidity.

The exposure is properly balanced over the RBG channels so less chance of
saturating the Red in giving adequate exposure to the Blue.  This means that
each channel is operating in the same exposure region of it's "characteristic
curve" - compare this with film.  The end result being that the noise should be
more equally distributed across RGB channels and I expect this has some benefit
in reducing noise reduction artifacts.

...Wayne