Re: [OM] IMG: Signs of Fall

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Signs of Fall
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:33:32 -0400
On 10/10/2011 11:08 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Leaves are very late in our area of MA this year.

A little color starting on MDI when we left. Lots of color, perhaps peak, on
the Maine Pike going South from Old Orchard
Beach yesterday, and still lots of color through NH and first part of MA. I
wonder if the exhaust chems and/or the local
weather effect of the wide highway clearing speeds the process along it.

> Just about record warmth again today.

In the low 80s even out on the Cape yesterday. Cooler and overcast so far
today, but looks like the sun is about to make
an appearance, so we are off to wander.

> Nice capture of what I presume is a female (two spots) Cabbage White.
> Very common 'round here but quite difficult to get a nice shot like
> that as they don't stay put for more than a sec.

Yes, very flighty. I did manage to catch this on in Tremont a couple of days
ago. Single spot means male?
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Miscellaneous/Bugs%21&image=_MG_3863croof40.jpg>

Carol just told me we are staying in a house, the Leander Gould House, that's
on the National Register.

Travelin' Moose