Re: [OM] IMG: Red Knight Clean-Up

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Red Knight Clean-Up
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 19:34:06 -0500
John,

Thanks for the kind words.  It takes a lot of money to afford these retired
military aircraft, and I think that most are owned by affluent pilots who
have the money to spare, or, as in this case, by a pilot who tries to make
them earn their keep by working the airshow circuit.  I am not sure of all
of his talents, but I knew his dad at work, and I think they have a long
history of restoring and maintaining such airplanes.

I think the only interest that the government has expressed is when someone
restores a unique AC to which the title is not clear.  The USAF Museum
recently won title to a so-called "Twin Mustang" that had been put in flying
condition.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA