Re: [OM] IMG: Red Knight Clean-Up

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Red Knight Clean-Up
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 17:11:22 -0700

> One more shot from the airport.  This is a Canadian-built T-33 that owner
> Chris Rounds uses on the airshow circuit.  He also owns the AT-6 shown
> previously.
>
> The "line girl" doing the wash-up will be leaving shortly, with her
> military husband.  She will be sorely missed.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Red+Knight+Clean-Up.jpg.html

    My first experience with a jet aircraft was a T-33 at Otis AFB, a very
long time ago.  The tip tanks were empty so we got to do some aerobatics.
Then the air conditioner quit and it got pretty warm  Fortunately, it does
not get too hot around Cape Cod at that time of year.

    My second flying experience that summer was at the controls of a C-54.
I would often go out to base ops and look across the field to the Coast
Guard station, where they had a half dozen SA-16's (Grumman Albatross).
That was my first choice (USAF Air Sea Rescue) and the C-130 was second.
Most of the people in my UPT class had never heard of the SA-16.

Chris