Re: [OM] OT: Diet & Heart attacks

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Diet & Heart attacks
From: "George Themelis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 13:09:55 -0400
>>> I found that there aren't many foods that are high in potassium.
>>> Adzuki beans are high, and I was already eating those regularly
>>> for their high zinc content.  Other common foods high in
>>> potassium are Black beans, Pinto beans, Beet greens, potatoes,
>>> and bananas.
>>
>> You seem to have omitted a number of foods (according to this link:
>> http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/food-sources-of-potassium.php),
>> which also have fat, like Avocados, Pistachios, Sunflower seeds, fish.

> I just made mention of the ones that I regularly eat.

You stated that you could not find many foods high in potassium, without
specifying that you were only looking at a narrow list of the foods that you
eat regularly.  The foods that you regularly eat are very high in
carbohydrates.  Since in my long posting, which inspired your reply, I
advocated a low-carb diet for weight loss and good health, I think it is
appropriate to add some of the low carb foods I listed above.

We can now go back to discussing lenses :)

George