Re: [OM] Scan issue

Subject: Re: [OM] Scan issue
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 22:00:43 -0400
I'm not here to defend the scan but I will say that I don't think they
are over-compressed.  You have 6MP images at 1.4-1.5MB.  My Canon 5D
12.7MP images come out about 1.5-1.7MB when compressed with PhotoShop's
default quality level 8 (which is a fairly high level).  If anything I
think they could have used greater compression and still delivered a
good quality image.

Of course, if they can't make a good scan in the first place then the
JPEG quality is meaningless.  But it's not the compression level that's
at fault.

Chuck Norcutt