[OM] Scan issue

Subject: [OM] Scan issue
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 18:21:54 -0400 (EDT)
New lab with first trial roll of Ektar returned with scans as jpegs
3087X2048.  Files are only 1.4-1.5MB or so.  Previous scans were 6X9"
at 300dpi which came out
to 2728X1830---files were about 2MB.  Something is rotten in Denmark.
Found some totally clipped red channel from a  Zinnia shot. Ok, the
shot was perhaps 1/4 stop overexposed, but clipping the channel
already?   They have less dust then before and more pixels but just
don't look right.
What is up?  Are these waaaay over compressed?  Why would they ever
bother with a HiRes scan if they ruin them with tiny Jpegs?  Thought
I'd better check
here first though. I haven't had much time to scan in awhile but my
mediocre one at work seems better.

Big Sigh,  Mike