Re: [OM] OT: Reno Air Races

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Reno Air Races
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 01:28:58 -0700
On 9/18/2011 12:34 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> It's NASCAR for the skies. Most forms of racing have some form of danger and
> this is no exception. You can't be critical of this and still like F1.

Sure I can. Although no longer interested in racing of mechanical devices, I
have attended an F1 race.

The cars are smaller and slower. It's pretty easy to see where they are most
likely to fly off the track, and not be
there. If they do fly, it's not very far, and never very far up.

The planes are already up. When they fall, it's far, heavy and hard.

I don't know how much of the coverage you've read. In one early report, a woman
described seeing severed body parts
flying through the air. As you may know, these old planes have sharp, whirly
things on the front. Confucius say "Lady
back into propeller. Disaster!"

> This was an accident. They happen. Tragic, yes, but not unexpected. The
> spectator setback is no different than an airshow.

As you so succinctly put it "not unexpected". Moosie not go there.

All In One Piece Moose