Re: [OM] IMG: Musical teens

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Musical teens
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:08:45 -0500
> I'm sure they are. I just question whether that was their aim when they
> picked up the instrument. Of course in modern society, it may well be. Things
> have changed. Sigh. <g>

No sir. This is pretty universal and dates back to the dawn of man.
Even the Bible references stuff like this.

A couple of years ago there was a wonderful article on some tribe in
Africa that is still living in the near stone-ages. Well, maybe not
that far back, but far enough back that they are the subject of
intense study.

I caught an interview with the photographer that lived with them for a
long while. He observed how married couples interracted. Seems that
the men get bugged about taking out the garbage and what not there
too. In fact, the same discussions and interpersonal relationship
issues present in my home are present there. Kids? Well, same
discussions and issues there too. Very fascinating. We have missionary
friends that have worked in some pretty rustic and remote parts of the
world that say the same thing. here is a reaason why hunting and
fishing are so popular--and it's not just for food.

:)

AG