[OM] Repairing the 35-80 what is the blue glue, is it loctite could I us

Subject: [OM] Repairing the 35-80 what is the blue glue, is it loctite could I use epoxy or superglue
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 19:04:38 +0200
I am a bit more of a Happy camper today, I seemed to have lost interest
in photography since my 35-80/2.8 got damaged in India, so today I had
another look at it. It had two remaining problems.

1. the lens no longer locks properly when mounted so I never felt safe
carrying it as I was always waiting for the lens to drop off.

this is now fixed, It was due to the mounting plate being bent - it
suffered impact along the length of the lens hitting the release knob
which then bent the mounting plate, I have discovered that the plate
from a 28/2.8 is near enough identical so I fitted that and now its
locking correctly when mounted.

2. The second problem was caused by the missing ball bearing which
provides the click and lock when you change aperture, this was due to
the spring and bearing missing after the impact, John luckily had the
parts required and posted me them some time back. However the ring keeps
coming out of the slot/groove allowing the aperture ring to slip back
towards the camera so I need to reassemble the lens but this time usng
the blue "glue" that I originally thought was grease to hold the ring in
place.

see Johns advisory - "For the record, of you use loctite on that ring.
Do NOT put it IN the slot.  It goes on top of the ring, also touching
the perpendicular part of the barrel next to it."

and part of one of me emails to John.

"The issue was that there was some blue residue in the slot on CF9799
that CF9842 which at first glance I thought was grease and hadn't
touched it but it was actually hard and probably loctite or some form of
epoxy glue. I removed this and now CF9842 seats much better, if it fails
again I will put a dab of loctite in the slot to hold it."

I don't have any loctite to hand but I do have superglue and epoxy, I am
guessing a tiny couple of dabs of epoxy would be best as this will crack
when stressed and less likely to melt any plastic.

Any comments on this or anyone know equivalents of the glue olympus
originally used.

Ta in advance

IanW