Re: [OM] Latest OM Family Portrait - Olympus Living History Farm

Subject: Re: [OM] Latest OM Family Portrait - Olympus Living History Farm
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 17:55:08 -0500
> You might try using digital whole-heartedly, not as a replacement for
film, but as a different set of tools in its own
> right. Oils aren't acrylics, aren't watercolors, and so on.

Well, maybe you misinterpret it a little bit. It's not that I don't use
digital whole-heartedly, but I'm bi-format. I happen to really really enjoy
shooting B&W, for example. No matter how hard I've tried or what software
tools are out there, I'm not satisfied in the results for the way I shoot. I
find it intruiging that those who have "arrived" at a perfect digital B&W
configuration/workflow change to a better configuration/workflow six months
later. Evidently, the perfect configuration/workflow wasn't quite so perfect
after all. Each week I seem to read somebody saying "now I have a decent
TriX setup..."

Anyway, I digress. I happen to like both film and digital and can be pretty
adept at either. I just happen to enjoy using one over the other. My wife's
Prius is a better car in a ton of ways, but I'd much rather drive a Mazda
Miata.

AG