Re: [OM] (OM) OM4 shutter speed ring stiff to turn

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OM4 shutter speed ring stiff to turn
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 07:54:24 -0400
 From John Lind in 2003
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 21:40:56 -0400
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [OM] Fixed!  OM-4 Stiff Shutter Speed Ring

Thanks to C.H. Ling for his tips and Mark Dapoz for his on-line manuals.

Carefully removed the lens flange, then very, very carefully removed the
shutter speed ring.  Yep . . . gotta watch for the reset pin and spring
when pulling off the lens mounting flange.  Cleaned the shutter speed ring
thoroughly, put a very tiny amount of white lithium grease on the detent
ball and extremely thin coating on the ring detents that mate with it, then
very carefully reassembled the lens mount.

Works smoother now than it ever has.

-- John