Re: [OM] (OM) OM4 shutter speed ring stiff to turn

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OM4 shutter speed ring stiff to turn
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 12:09:39 -0700
On 8/31/2011 5:26 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> If you garage man will give you a pea-sized dab you'll have enough for a
> dozen or more cameras.  :-)

It's also available in small tubes at the hardware store. As I recall, the
small tube stuff is a bit lighter than the
automotive stuff in the tub, although I'm not going to go out and stick a
finger in each just now. :-)

I can't imagine being without several lubricants readily at hand. For this job,
I would likely opt for the slightly gel
like Teflon stuff I have. I think it stays on working surfaces better and
attracts less dust, but white lithium,
especially the lighter versions, should work very well. The automotive grade
might make movement slightly heavier/slower.

Moose