Re: [OM] File Mechanics

Subject: Re: [OM] File Mechanics
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 20:13:19 -0400
I've been reading a book lately titled "The Story of English" (Viking
Penguin, 1986).  As it gets into the 20th Century it speaks of the role
of broadcasting (and, in particular, the BBC starting in 1922) in
shaping modern English.  But, as an aside, it comments on page 27: "In
the early days the newsreaders wore dinner jackets and, when nothing
newsworthy was deemed to have occurred, they said so - and played
classical music instead."

It seems the lesson has been long forgotten.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt