Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT - Climate Change

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT - Climate Change
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 18:07:05 -0700 (PDT)
It is the other way around, Chuck...:)  I challenge you to find a reliable
source that conclusively disproves the findings of the study.

BTW, I do know a thing or two about how temperatures are collected and
calculated, because while I was a little kiddie I was very much into it and
fully agree with you that the current models are not that accurate.  More on
that later...

I had a “weather station” which is a glorified word for a thermometer installed
on my balcony and religiously recorded the temperatures three times a day in
the period of 1976 to 1981.  In all these years, the highest temperature
recorded was 86F.  In the twenty six years I lived in Bulgaria, there was one
freakish day where the temperature reached whooping 92F...and the entire
country stopped, because no one knew how to cope with such heat.  All
businesses closed and the entire population hit the mountain streams.  Also
keep in mind that there is no humidity in the air at all.

I went back in August 2008 for first time since 1992.  The temperatures
throughout the entire stay were in the upper nineties.  From speaking with
friends, I found out that this has been the case since 1998.

So you are right, those models are inaccurate.  The temperatures have risen
significantly more as prolly others from continental Europe would confirm my
findings.

Now, I am not a scientist, but that does not mean that I dont have opinions
that am more than willing to share.  I will ignore the widely reported blocks
of ice taking a strange course and all those glaciers disappearing.  I could
continue, but to be honest am too lazy and disinterested in this argument at
this time which is unusual as I am really passionate about the subject.  Think
in terms of population expansion and how much energy is required to bring a
product to a customer.  Think in terms of energy conversion ie energy coming
from the sun converted in heat as opposed to life...so back to the question
that I posted before:  The aviation industry isnt the worst offender and if
only three days without it made an impact, it is safe to assume that other
factors contribute more.  Now we have to agree how to accurately quantify them.

Boris, whose best friend as of lately has been the endlessly buzzing window ac
unit