Re: [OM] Doing something totally crazy

Subject: Re: [OM] Doing something totally crazy
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 00:04:40 +0200
Nicholas,

I wish you the best of times with your journey. My wife and I would
love to go to Ireland, and will surely do so some day!

As we all know, the OMs are the perfect travel cameras, and your
preferred choice seems very sane. The problem with the OM Zuikos, is
that they are like children - it's almost impossible to choose which
ones to leave behind! The good thing, is that three of the tiny lenses
really are not much larger than two :-) I would have great difficulty
leaving my 21mm behind on a trip, to be honest. On the other hand, the
35 is so good... But then there's the fast aperture of the 50. And
something a little it longer might come in handy...

Ugh. Before I know it, I am dragging the 250/2 along...

Anyway. For my real 'compact' travel kit (and having been on a 50mm
'phase' most of my life) I take with me these days:

OM-3Ti
21mm f/2.0
35mm f/2.0
135mm f/3.5

(after having a good ol' internal argument about leaving the 50/1.4
and 90/2.0 behind... etc...)

This, together with a couple of rolls of film, and accessories, fit in
a small, small Kata bag that has always served me well. Anyway, for
travel, I'd never *not* take at least a 28mm or wider - for those
interesting internal spaces and dramatic close-ups. But we all have
our preferences!

Dawid