Re: [OM] (OT) XP Printer advice.

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) XP Printer advice.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 10:19:02 -0400
Turning the firewall off on both machines makes no difference to
anything.  Trying to map drives elicits exactly the same similar but
different responses.  Trying to ping from one to the other also has
exactly the same results.

*I asked this yesterday I think.  Is there perhaps a big clue in the
failure of the laptop to ping the desktop?  Is this not LAN adapter to
LAN adapter via the router with no or at least minimal involvement of
the OS?*

Chuck Norcutt