Re: [OM] (OT) XP Printer advice.

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) XP Printer advice.
From: WayneS <olympus@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 09:03:40 -0400
It seems there must be a basic mis-configuration somewhere. What
gateway does the laptop point to? It should point to the router,
if not, then it won't resolve local addresses correctly. It would allow
you to connect to the internet fine, but not local machines.

You can also try, from a command prompt:

tracert 192.168.x.1, 2 and 3

and see where it hangs. This command returns more information than Ping.
You can also run trace route from the router config page.

One other desperate move is to push the reset button on the router,
assuming you don't have a lot of configured settings you need to re-enter.

I'm sure you have probably set a router password, but if not, routers these
days are easily hackable, ...for the more paranoid minded.