Re: [OM] IMG: Cutter Details

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Cutter Details
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 22:05:56 -0500
Chuck, I suspect it all depends on the size and strength of the cable.  The
center ridge on the windshield is supposed to be serrated, to begin a
cutting action, and the cutter is supposed to finish the job.  If the cable
is an inch in diameter,  it would seem to me that it would have to break on
the scored area of the cable, because I can't see such a cable going into
the blade of the cutter.  Smaller cables would probably cut clean.

I can see this working fairly well along roads and streets, but I'm not sure
of its effectiveness on major transmission lines.  Of course, those major
lines are shown on Sectional Charts, so there is really no good reason to
get near them.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA