Re: [OM] OT) OPR restoration

Subject: Re: [OM] OT) OPR restoration
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 20:42:07 -0700
I have got to figure out how you do that.  Making them look better, I
mean.  Nicely done.
A painter, I am not.  I was not happy with the hands at all.
As far as cropping, I considered it, but the guidlines say restoration
only.  And after Chuck got his wrist slapped for enhancing an image, I
decided to leave it intact. LOL
I did the white balance thing in ACR and should have used levels.
Definitely not auto, which I used here.   Not only that, but ACR changes
the ppi and the guidelines want that unchanged, too.  On this one, I was
told to resize it for the printers.  I use Qimage to print and don't pay
much attention to ppi.
I really was not prepared for the degree of damage that was there. LOL
Am working on learning how to use channels, both RGB and LAB to bring
out detail in the damage.
Thanks for taking the time.
Paul in Portland OR