Re: [OM] IMG: Two Images from HOT Tennessee

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Two Images from HOT Tennessee
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 17:55:46 -0500
As mentioned to Moose, we hear that something like that is coming.  They
already provide fiber to the premises for many of us, who subscribe to their
telephone, TV, and internet service.  The fiber box is just below the
electric meter.  With a smart meter, they could get feedback via a fiber
circuit to make smart billing possible.  My hot water and furnace are gas,
but, with a relay circuit, they could block the A/C compressor if they so
desired.

However, the Power System manager also told me that they were going to
install a recloser-type breaker in place of the high-voltage fuse that feeds
our neighborhood, which gets tripped frequently by suicidal squirrels, tree
limbs, etc.  I'm still waiting for it to happen.

A Skeptical Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA