Re: [OM] Thought for the day

Subject: Re: [OM] Thought for the day
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 22:56:59 -0700
On 7/17/2011 10:39 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> I would not "happily spend the day repairing a combine or making furniture"
> even if the tools were handed to me by naked virgins when required.

Well, I don't have the virgin obsession.* That aside, and assuming you mean
attractive women, I would certainly put down
the tools and abandon the project with considerable alacrity - unless one or
more of them found men working on such
things sexy. :-)

> The kind of statements the guys on Top Gear make is what we in Danish call
> "pocket philosophy".

Yeah, I find that kind of BS tiresome. I love working with good tools and think
that finding and learning to use the
right tools for any job is the way to good work, a sense of accomplishment and
undamaged body parts. But to assume that
tools and a job they are suited for would change my preferences as to what to
spend my time on is just silly.

Moose the Tool

* "The happier and wiser gal for me." Were I a bit younger and more impulsive
and were this a different forum, I would
make some remark about how I have the proper tool for that situation always
with me. ;-)