Re: [OM] Mosquito Science and Metaphysics [was Totally OT -TickRemoval]

Subject: Re: [OM] Mosquito Science and Metaphysics [was Totally OT -TickRemoval]
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 18:32:01 +0100
You did well to escape the Highland midge, Chuck - culicoides impunctatus
has a well-deserved reputation as the best promotion yet for English and
Welsh tourism development. We live in just about the only part of the
Highlands which is not so blighted, perhaps because of the lack of standing
water in the area.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culicoides_impunctatus
Do not mess with the midges, unless well supplied with Avon Skin-so-soft,
which is universally praised for effectiveness, so well that it is now used
by Royal Marines ain preference to any "official" stores:
http://heritage.scotsman.com/scotland/Avons-spray-finds-calling-as.2654251.j
(note the mention of Oban in that article!).

Piers