Re: [OM] Mosquito Science and Metaphysics [was Totally OT -TickRemoval]

Subject: Re: [OM] Mosquito Science and Metaphysics [was Totally OT -TickRemoval]
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 12:25:36 -0500
A friend was a new product guy for the Coleman company. They developed a
product called the "Mosquito Deleto." It sat on a 20lb propane tank, and
generated CO2 somehow. The assumption was that, when placed in a distant
part of the back yard, mosquitos would be attracted away from the house and
patio, and when they arrived, all oversexed and stupid, be sucked into a bag
with insecticide. The first flaw was when it was discovered that the rubber
hose from the propane was made of something that was like candy to raccoons,
not good! After a new hose was added, it was noticed that it didn't work. I
don't think that the scientist that put forth the CO2 theory is any longer
employed there. As the new product guy lived next door, and I'm a mosquito
magnet, I can attest the the stupid thing didn't work.

Bill Pearce