Re: [OM] Question--high mag stacking project for OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Question--high mag stacking project for OM
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 05:52:04 -0400
But in the light of day and after the first cup of coffee and upon
re-reading Mike's original note Dr. Flash notices that Mike said:
"Plan to use cross polarization flash..."

In other words, there are two flashes, they're already off the camera
and they aren't moving even though the camera might be.  As to my
original response I say:  Never mind... well, almost.  The fact that the
flashes are not moving minimizes the chance of TTL flash exposure
variation from frame to frame.  However, it still leaves the chance that
the (now much more likely) constant exposure is still in error.  After
all, a TTL flash measurement is still a reflected light meter
measurement which is only ever correct when reflected from a gray card.
But, if the error is not large, it can be easily corrected in post after
all the (constant) exposures are combined in the stacking.

Dr. Flash