Re: [OM] Question--high mag stacking project for OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Question--high mag stacking project for OM
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 19:46:54 -0700
On 7/14/2011 7:30 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Do you think stacking scanned film will work OK?  Plan to use cross
> polarization flash and will have to stack
> about 1lmm cauts.  Will use the Zuiko 38 macro.  Will also likely use
> TTL flash if possible too given the convenience and difficulty with any
> manual type flash.  The smaller lighter OM
> will be easier to handle,but worried about stacking scanned film and
> the delay in feedback about errors
> as well as whether the software will deal with it OK.  Comments,
> conjectures as well as arm chair speculation appreciated.

I would not be concerned, but I'd be doing my own scanning. If the image is
placed the same in each frame and the
scanner accurately moves from frame to frame, there shouldn't be a problem. I
would set a fixed crop frame, and they
would all line up.

I sort of assume the commercial scans you get would also be accurate, as
otherwise there would be image location creep
over 36+ exposures and they would get complaints.

As to why one would use film before getting all the details down pat, I'm not
so sure. :-)

I'd be working the 5DII at least until I knew the equipment and setup were
right. No TTL flash, but a few histogram
chimps should get that right, and then it stays the same for all layers.

Moose