Re: [OM] upgrading Photoshop

Subject: Re: [OM] upgrading Photoshop
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 07:50:51 -0400
John,

You should be able to remove the older versions on an existing installation
with no issues. When CS6 comes out you should be able to do a clean install
of the most recent version with the upgrade key. When you enter that key you
will be prompted for the underlying keys that justify your upgrade status.
There shouldn't be a need to do installs of each prior version as the
programs do not rely on past components to operate, it's just about the key
to unlock the program.

This is how it worked for my install of CS3 until I moved to CS5 Design
Standard. In my case when I installed CS3 I was prompted for my CS2 and
version 6 keys.

Dan S