[OM] Strictly OT: System Crash

Subject: [OM] Strictly OT: System Crash
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 13:51:38 -0500
Cc: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Strictly OT, but I have a question.  I was copying some files to a CD this
morning, and, while the CD was being finalized, to enable it to be used by
others, my Windows XP system crashed.  A DOS screen came up that I have never
seen before. I shut down and rebooted, but the HD just kept showing steady
activity.  I tried restore points back to a week earlier, but they all failed.
Has anyone encountered anything like this?

After many attempts at restarting, I am finally up and running again.  I have
created a new restore point, just in case.

After almost two hours, I am a WRECK!

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA