Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 29/5/2011: under the table

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 29/5/2011: under the table
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 13:22:58 +0200
Sorry but I beg to differ. The discussion on the LUG was between those who say
that sharpening is always necessary, and those who said that if the lens is
good enough (like a modern Leica lens) and the AA filter in front of the sensor
is not there or very thin, than sharpening is not needed. I am in the latter
camp, which will not surprise you, given my minimalist tendencies ;-)

This particular image is not Leica, but it is shot with a very good lens (35mm
Macro Limited) on a Pentax K5, and the cat's eyes are as sharp as can be. The
sharpening you apply does not make them any sharper, it just creates an
illusion of sharpness in areas of the fur that were not in focus in the
original.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman