Re: [OM] need advice on which iso 400 slide film

Subject: Re: [OM] need advice on which iso 400 slide film
From: priit@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 23:24:41 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 28 May 2011, Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:

> Last time I shot Ektachrome 400 was 'round 1984, and didn't like it at all.
> I remember to have read here a so-so experience with Provia 400X, and in
> fact seldom if ever did I find this one mentioned at the List.
> It seems that 400F was improved to 400X ...
> <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/496809-USA/Fujifilm_15689978_Provia_400X_RXP_III.html>

Well, I've only used 400F, but that was certainly good enough for my needs
(travel photos, projection/scanning for web use). Don't know if a 1984
high iso film can really be compared to current films, but was there
anything specific about the Ektachrome you didn't like?

Personally I wouldn't worry about the quality of 400X, I don't think there
is any other 400 slide film that would be significantly better, unless you
have very specific demands. I would be more concerned about it getting to
me without getting x-rayed too much.

Priit.