Re: [OM] (OM) OT words

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT words
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 07:46:27 -0400
Homogenous is proscribed by Oxford but accepted as an alternative
spelling by Webster... probably since it has been in use for nearly 100
years.  In my youth I used to say homogeneous but have slipped into
homogenous since that's all I hear others say.  Maybe it's the influence
of "homogenized milk".

By itself Anemone is a genus of plants.  The sea creature is a Sea
anemone.  But, in either case, the "o" and the second "e" are long vowels.

Chuck Norcutt