Re: [OM] IMG: Adult Cicada

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Adult Cicada
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 09:07:57 -0400
James Arness was "The Thing" (never shown in closeup).  He never
discussed the film, was extremely sensitive about it.  During the
production, business cards were handed out to all the cast members for
use in the studio commissary.  Arness was the only one not to get one.
Card read "I am not The Thing".
Arness also had a deep feud with his brother Peter Graves.  I have a
studio publicity closeup of Arness in full makeup.  When I find it, I'll
scan and put up somewhere.
John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com