Re: [OM] Photos from Sunday.

Subject: Re: [OM] Photos from Sunday.
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 14:43:29 -0400
I fear I may have greatly offended you in advance earlier today. <g> Was
driving back from Augusta (A-guster if you're a Mainer), when, on a rural road
I happened upon a lineup of old trucks. As it turned out I turned around and
went back and got out to look at them. They were all built on Ford Model A
frames, and one of them had some Model T parts as well. All had been heavily
customized for work in the Maine woods. I was thinking there were some
excellent HDR possibilities there when an elderly gentleman and his elderly
Chocolate Lab came out to see what I was doing. About two hours later I finally
left. <g>

Mr. Bragg was born in 1922, and has lived in the same house for the past
40-something odd years. He used to run a junk yard and parts store, and because
I was interested, he brought out his own hand-made on a Model A frame work
tractor. I got him to pose with it. Then he took me into his garage to see his
Model T Roadster, which was a thing of real beauty. Not customized at all.
Lovingly restored. But it was under wraps in heavy darkness, so no
opportunities for pictures of the Touring car.

I'll be working on the images in the coming weeks, and will post some at a
later date. But I know several of the shots deliberately put the foreground out
of focus to get what was in the background. The hand-made sawmill-on-a-Model
A-frame-trailer comes immediately to mind.

Hope I got something useful, but the best part was the time spent with Mr.
Bragg and his dog.

--Bob