Re: [OM] New camera on the way [was Sad tales and other story lines]

Subject: Re: [OM] New camera on the way [was Sad tales and other story lines]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 23:11:33 -0700
On 4/27/2011 10:35 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
> I went through some of those arguments when I decided to get a replacement
> for my E-3.  It had to be a small camera, with weather sealing; the K-5
> seemed to fit the bill, but selling my DZs was a bit of a wrench.
>
> I think that the 60D would have been too large and heavy for me.

It's very modestly larger and only 15g heavier. The K-5 is a very attractive
camera on features, performance and price.
If I were leaving 4/3 and going with a small, weather sealed camera, I might
well have made the same decision.

As it is, I'm not moving out of a system, not going µ4/3 as a parallel, so
issues of compatibility with existing Canon
lenses and stuff and of availability of adapters for MF lenses limited the
choices.

Moose