Re: [OM] Thoughts on close -up diopter for Zuiko 80mm macro???

Subject: Re: [OM] Thoughts on close -up diopter for Zuiko 80mm macro???
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 11:25:26 +0200
Hi Mike,

This all depends on how critical the image quality is (assuming you can,
for your given project, settle on the best compromise between shallow
DOF and diffraction blurring in the first place to even nearly exploit
the lens' true capability). How are you going to output?

I have both the old non-automatic-diapgragm 80mm f/4 and 38mm f/3.5
(RMS-mount).
At 2x, my opinion is that the 38mm is a better performer than the 80mm
plus
close-up lens, but again, only if you can actually achieve an
extremely high
output quality due to all other factors being accounted for. Is this
with
an OM body, or digital?

Since you have the 38mm, I would say - if you can live with the short
working
distance, use it. If not, use the 80mm.

Only get the 80mm close-up adaptor if you really *must have* a new OM
toy :-)