[OM] Thoughts on close -up diopter for Zuiko 80mm macro???

Subject: [OM] Thoughts on close -up diopter for Zuiko 80mm macro???
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 18:41:45 -0400 (EDT)
I have an upcoming project for which 2X mag is just the ticket.
Moose's interest in this CU
lens for the 80mm macro rekindled my interest.  I had largely dismissed
it --as it is close to a 6 diopter lens
  would necessarily degrade the image quality substantially at least
away from the center.  Perhaps if they
carefully designed it for the 80m  macro it would do well enough.  From
what I can glean from the archives and a link from Moose it appears to
be a 2 element achromatic style  CU lens.  I think Dean IIRC, did not
like the IQ that much and thought the 38 macro trumped it
by a wide margin.   I do have the Z. 38/2.8 and the Z. 80mm in hand
already.  I am not sure about  the working distance  comparison but it
must be better than the Z. 38 macro at same mag.
I I have only seen one or two images with it over the years and think I
 perhaps should take another look.
Any comments appreciated.

High Mag Mike