Re: [OM] Calico Light Weapon Systems and the Smithsonian WHAT"S YOUR DAY

Subject: Re: [OM] Calico Light Weapon Systems and the Smithsonian WHAT"S YOUR DAY JOB OM FOLK?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 17:22:28 -0500
> Ok, moose, I can take the gun and suv stuff, but you must stop at the
Miles
> bashing!

Uh oh!  Moose has finally stepped over the line. We can put up with most
anything, but Miles bashing is a bridge too far.

I'm trying to think of an adequate penance. Hmm. How about three blurry,
low-contrast pinhole pictures. Yeah, that should do it.

On a side-note, since he also brought it up... Hip Hop. Yesterday, at church
I noticed that one set of the main speakers wasn't working right. After the
service, I dug into the racks looking for the culprit. One speaker cable
connector had a little short and one jumper had unplugged itself due to
cable strain. So I made quick work of that while the family's stomachs were
growling.

Well, to test the sound system, the pastor popped in a rather lame CD of
questionable production quality, so I kindly declared that to be
unacceptable and attached my iPad to the sound system which has a nice
selection of music I bought for my kids. Yup, you guessed it--nothing like
shaking the dust off the rafters with 3000 watts of Skillet, Superchick and
tobyMac.

He wasn't overly pleased, but what could he do? I told him that was the
music we were doing at our church last year during song-service! As
ministers, we discuss relevency and how to keep the church moving forward
with the culture, not try to stand our ground at some arbitrary point in
time.

My point is that we have to constantly be adapting and changing with the
times. Staying fresh with music is something my wife and I have made a
commitment to and we both happen to also like it, uh, a bit loud?  Nothing
like having teenage kids telling their parents to turn the stereo down.

:)

Miles Davis?  Oh yeah!

AG