Re: [OM] IMG: After the Storm Passed

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: After the Storm Passed
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 16:44:14 -0400
That's true. Every now and then all the TV alarms go off and someone comes on
and says a funnel cloud was suspected over in such-and-such, and I laugh,
'cause down South there usually ain't no "suspected" about it. Once, many years
ago, I was driving from North Carolina to College Station, Texas, and stopped
for the night in Forrest City, Arkansas. Slept the sleep of the dead in a
Holiday Inn. Things were a might stormy when I went to bed, but I didn't think
much about it. Woke up the next morning to find out five twisters had hit
overnight. Apparently one of them ripped a bridge right out of a nearby river
(not the Big Muddy) and threw it across the county.

And I slept through the whole thing. Could really have been the sleep of the
dead, I reckon.

--Bob