[OM] Leaning Spires [was The Cape]

Subject: [OM] Leaning Spires [was The Cape]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 13:38:30 -0700
On 3/30/2011 6:00 AM, Scott Gomez wrote:
> Summer vacation on the Cape was a regular thing in our family, years ago.
> PTown was a frequent stop, as we usually stayed in N Truro. In all the years
> I made trips to PTown, I never noticed the steeple was crooked.

Seems like there's a epidemic of deteriorated, often crooked steeples in New
England, at least we keep running into
them. Perhaps all were made in much the same way, around the same time?

This one, in Wenham, Ma, near Mike, had been pulled off for repairs in 2009. In
2010, it had disappeared.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/NorthEast_2009/Massachusetts&image=_MG_7476iiam.jpg>

This one, in Damariscotta, near Bob, looks to have a better fate in store.
Maybe they should get the copper ball,
weather vane, lightning rod from Wenham.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/NorthEast_2009/Massachusetts&image=_MG_7918ia.jpg>

This one, in So. Waterford, has a distinct lean and looks in bad shape.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/NorthEast_2007/Maine/Miscellaneous&image=_MG_2422corcria.jpg>

All three seem to use the same construction technique.

Moose